Sunday, April 19, 2020

Allied AFV's

Although the Ponte della Morte campaign has been mostly an infantry affair,  my 1/35 WW2 collection does include some AFVs as well. 


The 91st Recon Squadron's trusty Jeep. The .30 Browning  is removable and the windshield folds. Tamiya hit a home run with this kit. 


Another Tamiya kit, the M8 Scott packs a big punch in a small package. 



I magnetized the .50 cal machine gun and super glued pieces of wire in the ring mount so the gun can be attached in four positions.



One of two New Ray Shermans. These kits are dirt cheap and durable. Not the most detailed, but strong enough to handle anything in storage or on the table. I painted this one in a nonstandard "sand and spinach" camouflage similar to British patterns in North Africa 



Another New Ray kit, this time an M3 Lee. I have not gotten around to painting this one yet. It will need some modification. The 75mm gun will not rest in any position except all the way elevated or depressed. Maybe a system of magnets could fix this. 

3 comments:

  1. The M8 is a very nice piece of kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely vehicles and armour Reese. I really like those New Ray kits, sufficient detail (for me), easy to assemble and look damned fine. Even better with you paint job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tanks they make are good but I'm particularly fond of their planes. I have repainted a few of them as well.

      Delete