Tuesday, April 21, 2020

A Sprue Too Far

After sitting on my bench in various stages of completion for far too long, my British Airborne squads are now table ready. I will not say they are finished because I am not too happy with them and never stop tinkering with my models anyway.



Dragon's Red Devils kit. Another wash would bring out more details. The PIAT gunner will boost the firepower available to my Commonwealth forces. I plan on treating it like a grenade launcher as far as rules go. Please feel free to comment below with any suggestions on that. 


Dragon's 2nd SAS in France kit. I loved these sculpts. They went together very well. I feel I may have ruined their look by adding face paint, but that can be fixed with two coats of flesh tone and a wash.

..................................................................................................

Currently on the bench are a few members of the 91st Recon getting a touch up. Many of my American Infantry were built and painted before I developed a little more skill. Also I purchased a package of 1/35 weapons that add some variety to my squads. 


It appears Cpl. Wood has had some contact with the First Special Service Force, during which he acquired a Johnson Light Machine Gun.



My "Up Next" pile. The Japanese will shape out my Pacific Theater figures while the others will finish off my Italian Front collection. I hate to say it but it looks like my WW2 Wargaming collection is almost finished! 

2 comments: