Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Fistful of Lead: Italian Front

Had a wonderful time playing Ffol at the club tonight.Our game set the American force on a mission to blow up a bridge somewhere in Italy. The vital explosives would be airdropped after two turns. I must admit I got very caught up in the game and so I took very few pictures.

My valiant men of the 91st Recon Squadron. I made an error on the cards. The sergeant should use d12s.


The dastardly German defenders. Same error as above.


 A bad drop left the explosives at the bottom of the river. My men would have to swim for it.

 Pvt. Phillips proves once again to be a valuable resource with his quick reloads and powerful grenade launcher.

Sgt. Cox makes a desperate swim for the dynamite, shaken, wounded, and out of ammo. He was the last of my squad left and routed the next turn. The next game went even worse, losing all five men without taking anyone with me. Still two wonderful games no matter the outcome.



2 comments:

  1. Great looking game!

    I've been eyeing these rules and had meant to pick up the core book during the Winter Offensive on wargame vault but completely forgot. Might be just the thing for my British paras and Waffen SS (I only have handful of each).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are well worth the money. The mechanics can take some getting used to but they flow well. Keep an eye out for Ffol Big Battles, as it is in the works and is set to come out this year.

      Delete