Wednesday, January 15, 2020

2020 Painting Progress

Using the new year as motivation, I have been finishing long semi-completed figures and managing to take some new ones from sprue to base.


My brand new Fallschirmjäger squad from Master Box. These were a Christmas present and my first Master Box models. As always my skills can never do the sculpts justice as these are truly wonderful figures. Having seen the destructive capabilities of the rifle mounted grenade launcher in my last Fistfull of Lead game, I dug through old sprues until I found a Tamiya Kar98k with the attached grenade launcher. These veteran troops are armed to the teeth. With how poorly my 91st recon have been performing ( a single successful mission over four disastrous failures), there Germans may be too much for them to handle any time soon.




My only Japanese squad is completed! The soldier in the gas mask is carrying both a rifle and a knee mortar. Can't wait to see how I can use these on the table. However my pacific theater is mostly air support currently. The pretty models get my money when I should be painting what I have or buying what I can put on a table over and over again.



Russian Comrades from a half finished Tamiya box. With the wonderful Fistful of Lead rules, I see a three-way game in a destroyed German city between Germans, Soviets, and possibly my 91st Recon if they miraculously survive the Italian Campaign. Secret objectives would add an interesting twist. My Lincoln Logs may see table time soon to recreate a cluttered urban area. 
........................................................................................................
    On the workbench currently are some Mediterranean Theater British troops, and a little custom project of mine. I hope to put together an early war American squad using Tamiya sculpts and ICM WW1 American Equipment. Could be some of the 50 Rangers at Dieppe. Could be hardened jungle fighters. And they might end up on the scrap plastic pile. Will keep you updated as always!

2 comments:

  1. Nice work!

    I really like that Japanese soldier in the gasmask - who makes that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually a conversion of sorts! The pose is a standard Tamiya Japanese infantryman. I took the gas-mask from the Tamiya U.S. Infantry Weapons set and attached it to him after filing his face to get a realistic fit. The helmet covers up some of the evidence of bad knife work.

      I like simple conversions like added equipment or head-swaps. Enough originality to call it my own, but not so much that I need 20 pounds of Greenstuff and a custom mold.

      Delete