Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Update!

Sorry for the unexpected break from posting! Life has a way of throwing curves. I am swinging with all my might and occasionally putting the bat on the ball. I am sorry to say that although I ran and photographed both the Five Men Battle in Sicily and the solo moose hunting game, I do not remember them enough to post the reports.  However I have been steadily building and painting!







I took advantage of the snow cover to show off my Korean War air support, including my freshly completed Bell H-13. The stretchers are magnetic and can be switched with a pair of .30 caliber machine-guns.

 Continuing the Cold War theme ( couldn't resist the pun) Here's the first tank kit I ever built, the Tamiya M-41 Walker Bulldog. I never had the nerve to paint it until recently. 


Finally I took a commission to paint some pieces for the Imperial Assault board game. These are much smaller than anything I've painted before so I struggled with the details. The client liked them which really is all that matters. 
.................................................................................................................................
I have a scheduled game day with a friend in the first few weeks of January. We plan to run a WW2 skirmish using Fistful of Lead, which I purchased from Wiley Games recently. It is exactly what I have been looking for to run squad vs squad actions. I will stick to my modified rules for solo gaming, but FFOL looks like a wonderful club/game day rule set for all my eras.

2 comments:

  1. Great looking models, Reese. I really thought the photos in the snow were actual aircraft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I have a large collection of 1:48 aircraft. I should feature them in a post since they don't get much table time.

    ReplyDelete